One-Year Foundation Course
Listen Reflect Connect Grow
An Invitation to the Open Dialogue One-Year Foundation Course 2024
Open Dialogue practice is a way of being in relation to others. It relies on authenticity and responsiveness in meeting with people who are at the centre of concern and their networks.
This course is facilitated by Rachel, Flick and Mark, who have each been deeply engaged with the development of dialogical practices in and around the social and mental health fields, here in Australia and internationally. A dialogical way of being, for the facilitators, is a way of meeting an individual’s life situation, the resources of the network and the complexity that is life.
This course is for you if are already in the process of developing Open Dialogue practice and want to further develop dialogical and network-oriented ways of being.
This course is also for you if are willing to explore yourself as a relational being and engage in self work to help you be with others in a collaborative, human way.
In this application form, you are invited to share with us your decision to apply for this course – what you hope for yourself, your practice, and your relationships.
Chair and Chief Executive, Open Dialogue Centre
March 4th to 8th 2024
Block one: Laying strong foundations for Open Dialogue
June 3rd to 7th 2024
Block two: Open Dialogue as relational and contextual
September 16th to 20th 2024
Block three: Dialogical practice and relational practitioners
November 25th to 29th 2024
Block four: Deepening and sustaining Open Dialogue practice
At the end of the course, participants will be able to:
- Describe the Open Dialogue approach, its principles and its origins
- Demonstrate the twelve key elements of dialogic practice
- Understand the underlying theory of systemic and dialogical practice with families, networks and organisations
- Recognize the importance of trust, self-disclosure and the use of lived experience in supporting others
- Examine social justice issues as they relate to trauma and emotional distress
- Practice Open Dialogue as an ethical, human rights-based approach to mental health
- Adapt the use of dialogical practices to their own personal styles and settings.
• A relevant qualification in a mental health, social care, education or related discipline including relevant experience working in a consumer or carer perspective role.
• Current practice in a relevant field
• Organisational support
• Two references
We welcome a diverse and inclusive training community, so please contact us at email@example.com if you have any questions regarding the requirements.
Level 1 – Foundation course
|Dialogical practice hours during the training|
|Training Blocks x 4|
Supervision of dialogical practice
|Dialogical practice hours during the training||100hrs|
Satisfactory completion of the course will be assessed in three ways:
• Attendance and completion of all required course components
• Completion of 100 hours of dialogical practice logged across the course
Trainees are expected to be present for all the face-to-face training (20 days). For any time missed, compensatory work will be agreed upon with the individual trainee.
Course Application details
Block 1 – March 4th to 8th 2024
Block 2 – June 3rd to 7th 2024
Block 3 – September 16th to 20th 2024
Block 4 – November 25th to 29th 2024
Australian College of Applied Professionals (ACAP)
Level 10, 123 Lonsdale Street, Melbourne Victoria 3000
$5000 + GST
3rd November 2023
30th November 2023
Applicants will be notified of the status of their enrolment by 13th December 2023.
Two references detailing suitability should be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org at the time your registration is completed.
**Please note that the course will only run if the minimum requirement of 16 students is met.***
Payment should NOT be completed until you have been notified that your application has been accepted.
Your placement will then be finalised upon receipt of payment.
For direct transfer Bank Details are:
Account: 24 100 7959
Please include your NAME as the reference
If you require an invoice for payment please advise via email
Please note your booking will not be finalised until payment is received.
For Credit Card payments please select the Stripe payment button below.